- July 15, 2019
- By Elaine Lysons
- In Air Conditioning, Belts, Brakes, Filters, Oils, Tires, Vehicle Inspection
- Tags Automobile Air Conditioning, Brakes, Oil Change, Tires, Vehicle Inspection
We are in the thick of road trip season and that means we are performing many vehicle inspections and to have the oil changed… preparing to put on some long miles! It makes sense right? Who wants to end up stranded by the side of the road near some foreign town or worse yet, in the middle of no where. #worstnightmare
It is best to have us check the vehicle out by doing a vehicle inspection so we can head off any issues BEFORE you leave. Prevention is the best medicine.
What do we look for in particular before a long trip:
- Checking your filters and topping up all your fluids is a great place to start.
- If an oil change is due soon, might as well get that done now.
- How about the Air Conditioning? No doubt you will be glad to have that operating fine if you hit some hot summer weather.
- Hoses and Belts, these need to be in top condition before you go any distance from home and to ensure you don’t cause an expensive repair later.
- Your brakes should be in good working order, especially if you are hitting those mountain peaks! Let’s check them over too.
- Your battery should be in good operating condition, with the posts cleaned.
- Your tires should be aligned with plenty of tread left to avoid blowouts or uneven wear.
- What about your spare tire? We should check that too.
- Are all your lights in good working order? We will check those too!
- If you are hauling a trailer, now would be a good time to check the wheel bearings, brakes and lights on those too! We can help with that!
- Your Windshield Wipers and Washer should be in good order. The fluid should be topped up.
- If your headlights aren’t as bright as they used to be they may need a polish. When driving on strange roads in the dark, this will be very helpful! If you notice this, make sure you tell us so we can fix it.
For your own comfort, giving your vehicle a good cleaning before leaving is always nice. You may want to snap some photos on the way so having those windows cleaned inside and out helps.
Having an AMA membership in good standing is great protection! As an AMA Approved Repair Shop, we offer members some savings on vehicle repair and maintenance. Don’t forget to show us your card!
Call to book your vehicle inspection in today before you hit the road! 403-782-6097
Or book online: